Subscribe in a reader
| Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email
Starting updates a bit late.
- At 2.50am, EC says BN has 133 federal seats, Pakatan has 85 with 4 seats to be declared.
- PSM president Dr Nasir Hashim defeated at Kota Damansara, Arutchelvan also lost in Semenyih. [shocking but Dr Nasir lost to BN candidate]
- BN 132, PKR 26, PAS 21, DAP 37. 6 seats left. BN fares worse than 2008.
- DUN Seri Andalas
@xavierjayakumar retains seat beating T Mohan MIC and Hindraf Uthaya.
- MIC’s sole female candidate lost at Port Dickson state seat.
- Manikavasagam (ex-MP Kapar) lost state seat Bukit Melawati with about 800 majority.
- GE13 – At 2.30am, EC says BN has 130 federal seats, Pakatan has 81 with 11 seats left to be declared.
- PAS candidate Kumutha lost (again) Tiram state seat.
@OnlineMIC candidate Sooriyanarayanan lost Puteri Wangsa.
- BN has retained both Perak and Terengganu with slim majority. It will rule Perak with a three-seat majority (BN 31, Pakatan 28), while in Terengganu, it has a two-seat majority (BN 17, Pakatan 15).
- BN 129, PKR 24, PAS 20, DAP 36. 13 seats left.
@OnlineMIC improved on 2008 results. 4 parliaments seats won. but two bigwigs lost. another 2 results not out yet.
- BN 126, PKR 22, PAS 20, DAP 35. BN fails to get 2/3.
@SMurugessan lost to PAS Siti Mariah. Hindraf Uthayakumar lost deposit.
- Kapar and Subang no results yet.
- Hulu Selangor won by
@PKamalanathan . Edmund Santhara lost deposit.
- Kamache Devi wins Sabai from BN.
- Ijok, MIC’s Partibhan lost.
- BN retains Johor.
- PAS needs 4 seats to equal 2008 results. PKR is worse as needs 10 more. DAP already exceed by 9! 23 seats left to be counted.
- BN needs 15 to equal 2008 GE results and 23 to get 2/3. PR needs one more to deny 2/3.
- PKR candidate Abdul Aziz Bari loses SABAK BERNAM to Umno’s Mohd Fasiah Mohd Fakeh from a 1,644 majority.
- BN’s Abdul Aziz Sheikh Fadzir defeated Saifuddin Nasution Ismail with a majority of 3,935 votes
- Official : Pakatan Rakyat retains Pulau Pinang with 2/3 majority.
- Tenggaroh state seat. MIC candidate Ravin’s wins with handsome majority. He is son of former Tenggaroh ADUN Krishnasamy who was murdered some years ago in JB.
- BN 124, PKR 20, PAS 18, DAP 35. BN need another 24 to get 2/3. PR as a whole need 9 seat to be equal 2008 results.
- PR unable to win any new states, and also lost Kedah.
- MCA president says MCA won’t take any govt posts. Lost more than half seats compared to 2008, so far.
- PM mentioned about Chinese tsunami causing the change. Fingers pointed at DAP. But are the Chinese that dumb/ignorant?
- Hope SPR wont go about doing realignment of parliament seats. Gerrymandering to create lesser Chinese-influenced seats.
- Official Result as at 1:25 am – BN = 122 seats PR = 71 seats. Left 29 seats.
- BN has retained Perak with a simple majority, 30 out of 59 seats. Another 4 seats left to be confirmed.
- Sg Siput Dr Michael Jayakumar wins over SK Devamany.
- PM Najib speech voicing concern about Chinese vote swing and voting along racial or other “negative” elements. Hopes for national reconciliation.
- BN retakes Perak, says EC.
- Official : Barisan Nasional (BN) retains Sabah after securing simple majority with 33 out of 60 state seats.
- Left with Johor and Kedah only to be confirmed.
- BN needs another 35 seats to get 2/3 majority. If get, maybe tomorrow holiday?
- PKR wins P124 Bandar Tun Razak.
- BN wins GE13. Forms federal government with simple majority of 112 seats.
- P65 IPOH BARAT – Pakatan 45420, BN 16382. Kulasegaran won.
- Sepang won by PAS! BN’s Zin Mohamed lost.
- PAS retains Kelantan with simple majority by winning 23 out of 45 state seat
- Official Result – independent candidate Ibrahim Ali loses P22 Pasir Mas.[happy beyond words!!!]
- BN wins P126 Jelebu, P127 Jempol, P129 Kuala Pilah, P131 Rembau, P133 Tampin. PKR wins P132 Telok Kemang. [ MIC candidate lost Teluk Kemang]
- DAP’s Tony Pua retains PJ Utara with a 44,672-vote majority, bagging 57,407 votes to Chew Hoong Ling’s (BN) 12,735
- Barisan Nasional (BN) retains Terengganu with simple majority by winning 17 out of 32 state seat
- Official Results – BN wins P171 Sepanggar, P176 Kimanis, P179 Ranau, P18 Keningau, P181 Tenom.
- So PR failed to capture NS, Malacca, Perlis, Pahang, Terengganu. Got back Perak. Retain Selangor, Kelantan, Penang. Left Sabah, Johor, Kedah. If lose Kedah, then its less states than in 2008 but stronger hold in Penang, Perak and Selangor.
- Official Result – PM Najib wins P85 Pekan.[as expected!]
- Official: BN has 95 parliamentary seats as at 12.20am. Need 17 more for a simple majority
- Barisan Nasional (BN) retains Pahang with two thirds majority
- Official Result – BN wins P95 Tanjong Karang, P96 Kuala Selangor
- Official Result – BN wins P142 Labis. [Ramakrishnan loses against MCA's Chua Tee Yong, deputy agri minister]
- Official Result – PKR wins P150 Batu Pahat against Puad Zarkashi. [another deputy minister gone]
- Official Result – BN’s Mustapa Mohamed wins P30 Jeli.
- Official:Barisan Nasional (BN) retained Negeri Sembilan with a simple majority with 19 out of 36 state seats
- P77 TANJONG MALIM – BN 28225, Pakatan 23897.
- Official Results – BN wins P1 Padang Besar, P2 Kangar, P3 Arau
- Official – Perlis still in BN’s hands with two-thirds majority.
- Official Results – PKR wins P116 Wangsa Maju, DAP wins P117 Segambut, DAP wins P123 Cheras.
- P186 SANDAKAN – Pakatan 14226, BN 13138. Pakatan WINS.
- Official : Barisan Nasional (BN) retains Melaka with a two-thirds majority in the 13th general election
- Official Result – BN wins P134 Masjid Tanah, P136 Tangga Batu, P139 Jasin.
- P99 AMPANG – Pakatan 41969, BN 28691.
- Official – BN has formed state government in Melaka with simple majority, winning 17 out of 28 state seats so far.
- in Malacca, CM Ali Rustam is in brink of losing.
- PAS’ Zuklifly Ahmad lost his Kuala Selangor seat.
- PR retained 3 states, and unofficial news is got Perak but lost Kedah.
- Official Result – BN wins P154 Mersing, 155 Tenggara, P157 Pengerang, P164 Pontian.
- Official Result – BN wins P92 Sabak Bernam.
- SPR parliament status: BN 81, PAS 6, DAP 21, PKR 10.
- Official Result – BN wins P40 Kemaman.
- Incumbent Nurul Izzah Anwar wins Lembah Pantai parliamentary seat with a majority of 1847 votes.
- P136: TANGGA BATU: MELAKA: BN’s Datuk Dr Abu Bakar Mohamad Diah wins 15,633 majority
- PPP president M Kavyeas’s bid to be the PASIR BEDEMAR state rep failed. Lost by 13,037 majority
- Official Result – PAS wins P57 Parit Buntar.
- Official Result – PAS wins P59 Bukit Gantang.
- P153 SEMBRONG – BN 22841, Pakatan 12210. BN WINS
- Official Result – BN wins P61 Padang Rengas. [Minister Nazri]
- P43 BAGAN – Pakatan 46466, BN 12307. Pakatan WINS
- Official Result – DAP wins P64 Ipoh Timur.
- Official Result – DAP wins P76 Teluk Intan
- Official Result – DAP wins P50 Jelutong.
- Official Result – DAP wins P48 Bukit Bendera.
- Kit Siang sweeps Gelang Patah in 14,812-majority victory. Major blow for BN as its cradle of Nusajaya.
- Official Result – BN wins P29 Machang.
- P083 PKR wins Kuantan (Pahang): Fuziah Salleh (PKR) by 4,515-vote majority
- Official Result – BN wins P33 Besut.
- Official Result – BN wins P34 Setiu.
- P070 DAP wins Kampar (Perak): Ko Chung Sen (DAP) by 5,400-vote majority
- It’s official for N22 Teratai, DAP Tiew Way Keng polled 23578 to win with 13646 majority
- Official result as 11.30pm. PKR Nurul Izzah Anwar won Lembah Pantai parliamentary seat with 31,008 votes.
- Official Result – DAP wins P51 Bukit Gelugor.
- Official Result – BN’s Datuk Zambry Abd Kadir wins N52 Pangkor in Perak with 5,124 majority.
- PAS’s Hadi Awang wins Ru Rendang state seat
- Official Result – BN wins P11 Pendang.
- P8 POKOK SENA – Pakatan 36198, BN 32263. Pakatan WINS.
- Official Result – BN wins P6 Kubang Pasu.
- PKR Rafizi Ramli polled 48183 votes to win Pandan w/ 26729 majority.
- Official Result – BN wins P26 Ketereh.
- Unofficial news is Kedah is back to BN.
- Penang CM Lim Guan Eng retains Bagan seat.
- Not much news on MIC candidates except G Palanivel and Dr Subra. Seems Murugesan and Devamany lost (unconfirmed)
- Incumbent MP Khalid Samad has defeated Perkasa vice-president Zulkifli Noordin in Shah Alam with a slight increase in majority. PAS – 48,835, BN – 38,084, Majority - 10,751 [the best news for me!]
- Health Minister Liow Tiong Lai wins Bentong.
- parliament seat status (official): BN 45, DAP 17, PKR 3, PAS 1.
- Parliamentary seats as at 11pm (official): BN 38, PAS 1, DAP 13, PKR 2
- Anwar Ibrahim wins in Permatang Pauh.
- Titiwangsa – BN wins with 26,809 votes
- Seputeh – DAP wins with 61,500 votes
- Malim Nawar (Perak)-DAP wins with 11,296 votes
- Sibu (Sarawak)-BN wins with 23,967
- Seems like Penang and Kelantan remains with PR. So is Selangor. Conflicting news about Perak and NS.
- BN Penang state chairman Teng Chang Yeow resigns after losing.
- BN won 32 parliament seats, DAP 10 and PKR 1. Official from SPR.
- MIC President G Palanivel wins Cameron Highlands with 462 vote majority.
- DR Subra retains Segamat.
What we know so far as of 10.30pm:
- BN wins Putrajaya as Tengku Adnan beat Husam Musa of PAS with bigger majority of 5541.
- DAP wins P114 Kepong as Tan Seng Giaw trashed PPP Chandrakumanan with 40,307 majority [as expected]
- DAP wins P49 Tanjong with 28,645
- BN wins P206 Tanjung Manis
- DAP wins P196 Stampin
- BN wins P194 Petra Jaya with 21,443 majority.
- BN wins P193 Santubong with 20,936 majority.
- BN wins P198 Mambong
- DAP wins Cheras with 30k+ majority.
- PKR wins P219 Miri with about 2k majority.
- DAP wins Bukit Bintang [as expected].
- BN has won more than 26 parliament seats while DAP has 5. Others none. Official announcement by SPR.