Application

Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email

PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT:

————————————————————————————————-

NOTE THAT THIS PAGE WILL NOT BE UPDATED BEGINNING 23 FEBRUARY 2011 AND HAVE RELOCATED TO THE ABOVE WEBSITE.

Updated: 13 January 2011

NOTE: since this page is quite long, use Ctrl+F on keyboard or click Edit->Find on your browser to search the page. You can search with keywords like scholarship, JPA, medicine, STPM, education fair, etc.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

PERMOHONAN KEMASUKAN KE IPTA SESI AKADEMIK 2011/2012

For SPM (2010, 2009,2008,2007) leavers, apply at:
Deadline: 4th April 2011

For Matrikulasi/Asasi leavers, apply at:
Deadline: 13 January 2011

For STPM 2010 leavers, apply at:

For Diploma leavers, apply at:

For SKM holders, apply at:
Deadline: 4th April 2011

1. manimagalai ganesan says:

i want to apply 4 stpm

2. ruban says:

how to apply for pilot? which institute should i go? can i apply for scholarship or loan? i got 8a in spm 2008..

3. utaya says:

MP: Edited.

Wat the hell lah.. malay fellow no a oso can get matriks, indian score good results oso cannot get.. Nonsense quota system.. wat the *** mic doin.. pak turut umno.. indian cannot maju in malaysia..

4. vino says:

I’m a STPM student.i got 3as,1b n 1c with 3.67pointer. I’v apply for teaching course in IPTA bt my aplication rejected.wat i supposed to do nw?is there any recommendation 4rm mic or Mied?10q

you can try appealing the IPTA result, but have to be fast. other than that, try sending a copy of your application to mic for reference. maybe the course you chose was tough. what did you apply for?

5. fariz says:

Can you give me a detail about what should I do to repeat the Physics paper on SPM exam?

Did I need to go to the school like other people with wearing a school uniform and then study for a year at the school or just sit for exam on the Physics exam day?

you should register at PPD in your daerah. Then, you can choose to study yourself and just go for exam at the school, or join tuition center for better focus. no need to go to school again.

6. vanitha says:

can i get a kerja kerajaan.

7. isabella says:

May I ask did anyone go for this free training, mind to share the information with me? I would love to learn more about this course as I couldn’t go for this course.

8. RAAJ says:

DEAR SIR,
    I am SPM leaver 2009…can i know how to apply for polytechnic 2010?

9. carol says:

HI SIR.M LOOKING FOR TEACHING COURSE IN MAKTAB.I’VE 5 CREDITS IN SPM.SO CAN U TEL ME THE PROCEDURE?I’VE TAKEN TAMIL 2A N OTHERS CREDIT..

10. UMA says:

HI SIR. I HAVE COMPLETED MY ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING (WESTERN SYDNEY INSTITUTE OF TAFE)(1999) FROM TAFE COLLEGE SEREMBAN. WHEN I APPLY FOR GOVERNMENT JOBS ITS REJECTED. SO I WROTE A LETTER TO JPA TO CONFIRM AND THEY REPLY THAT THE COURSE & INSTITUTION WERE NOT RECOGNIZED.

IM INTERESTED IN GOVERNMENT JOBS.
    SO, WHAT CAN I DO?

BESIDES THAT, I WOULD LIKE TO FURTHER MY STUDIES IN ACCOUNTING. ANY CHOICES?

Hi Uma,

If the cert is not recognised by JPA, you can’t use it to apply for govt job. You options – apply for govt job using SPM results (meaning clerical level) or study some recognised course and then apply for govt job.

Accounting options – either degree in accounting or take professional course like LCCI/ACCA. you can try some of the local colleges to see if then can accept your advanced diploma and possibly reduce the subjects you need to take for completing degree. Try SEGI, ATC, UTAR, Brickfields College, TARC. Refer to my “related website” page for link to ACCA Global website to see which colleges/uni in Malaysia are registered.

11. Weyan says:

Dear sir,

Now, I’m apply for PERMOHONAN KEMASUKAN KE IPTA – SESI AKADEMIK 2010/2011 for stpm 2009 examinee.I found so difficult to chose the 8 pilihan,cause they give us too many choice(about 200).I seen some course with kepujian but course didn’t.This make me confused,please give me a little helps.

Hi Weyan,

obviously there’s many courses to choose because there’s many students with many interests and there’s many careers/industries in the world. you can expect everyone to study medicine, engineering, accounting, law only, right? 🙂

i suggest you narrow down to only 1 or 2 career options and see which uni offer those programs.

honors usually mean you end up doing a thesis in the final year. a thesis (or dissertation) means a short project related to your study. it takes up to one year (two semesters) involving research and report writing.

• Weyan says:

@Weyan, thank sir,then, why some course without honor?

12. Weyan says:

Dear sir,

Unimap seem only focus in engineering,i think it is very profesional,i considered my stpm result, so I take 7 various engineering course in Unimap. Will that lower my chance to get in to universities?

Why other universities’s engineering course listed as “saujana muda kejuruteraan…… “, but Unimap only listed as “Kejuruteraan ………”?

Thank?????

Weyan,

Nope it won’t lower your choice. The main rule is to fulfill the Syarat Am and Khas.

Its just the listing name. Nothing to worry.

13. viknes says:

dear sir,
    can i ask u sumthing?… i got cgpa about 1.6 in stpm n im also in science stream… nw i dnt knw what to do.. so can u suggest me anything which i cn do for apply university????

14. Cleo says:

What should i do if i have lost my BSN slip that contains the ID for the application of UPU?

15. unhappy says:

sir….i dint do well in my spm…
    here my results
    BM A
    BI A
    MATHS B
    MORAL A
    SEJARAH A
    ADDMATHS AND PHYSIC D
    BIO AND CHEMIS C

sir can i get into science stream during stpm or artz?

hi unhappy,

you got 7 subjects with at least credit. it could have been better, but still can enrol in diploma programs.

i’m not sure about the stream, but i think will be science stream because you don’t have basics of accounts/economy. unless you choose PA, Sejarah, Maths, Pengajian Perniagaan.

16. durkah says:

hello sir,im a arts stream student,i just got my spm result…Bm A,BI C,moral A-,SJ A-,MT A,SC A-,Add maths B+,accounts B+,ekonomi c+………I don’t know wat course to apply for…and wat course have better future….can u help me sir by giving me some choices………and i want to apply the course in UPM…do u think i wil get sir…reply me as soon as possible………….thank you sir….

Hi Durkah,

your results are OK, with 5As, 2B and 2Cs. what course to apply would depend on TWO things – your ambition/interest and your results. Your top subjects are BM, Moral, Sej, Mt, Science, Add Maths, Accounts. looking at that list, i would pick math, science, add maths and accounts to be linked together, and maybe you can choose a career on that – accounting, maths, finance, management, HR, there’s so many! so, back to your interest/ambition.

UPM can get, for diploma programs. you can also try in UUM, UTM etc which also accept SPM students for diploma program. Get or not, hard to say.

other options are politeknik. all the info and links are on this page.

17. dolly says:

Sir i got my spm 5A4B and i want to do diploma in Pharmacy can or not,if can how is the procedures

18. miss dizzy says:

can tell me how to apply institut perguruan for diploma? and how long it take?

hi miss dizzy,

institut perguruan diploma is for DEGREE HOLDERS who want to take up teaching. its actually a Postgraduate Diploma. i takes slightly over 1 year. the application has closed. need to wait for next year.

19. maf says:

hello,
    i gt 7a 2b in ma spm rslt 2010…i’m intrested in medic…i’m totaly confusion in which ipts cn i proceed…cn u suggest the ipts whic provide scholarship or ptptn loans?? n another matter i notice is medicprolink agency is handling about the study of medic in overseas…dat is a good offer but no loan is provided….plzzz,,,,cn u giv me a best piece of mind???? i’m totally confused….:(

hi maf,

firstly, you must enrol in foundation program. you cannot do a degree in medicine directly after SPM. There’s a list of colleges/uni offering medic in the Lists page ( http://poobalan.com/blog/education-help/list/ ) and a list of placement companies in the Related website page ( http://poobalan.com/blog/education-help/websites/ ). pls check the lists.

the ipts won’t provide loan or scholarship, except may for foundation program, and even then, only for top students.

the companies of course won’t provide scholarships/loans because they are small companies that depend on commission from student recruitments. some companies can help you to apply for scholarships, that’s about it.

20. sara says:

let’s say i want to do this course until diploma but most universities helds it until bachelor. how does that work? .

Sara,

diploma course is for SPM leavers while bachelor is for STPM leavers. So if you want to do diploma you have to apply using SPM results.

21. thamilselvi says:

Dear sir,
    Which college is best for Nursing in Malaysia

thamilselvi,

i don’t think got any ranking for nursing colleges. the best would be government run center as they are not profit-oriented.

22. poovenes says:

i got spm 1a n 4n credit oni but my bm is 7d.nw i dnt knw wht to do .so can u suggest me anything which i can do for apply kolej??????

hi poovenes,

pls register to take July paper for BM.

you can apply for college while waiting for BM july paper as you have minimum of 5 credits. you can try both foundation or diploma programs. it depends on your interest/ambition and details of your spm results.

23. CHARU ASHINI A/P KRISHNA RAO says:

i jus finished my spm.i dont know wat course i should apply?subject teras saya semua A tp subjek sains saya semua B…saya dah try pegi education fair but i stil floating…can u help me,sir???saya x tahu nak pilih course apa?did u think tat i should do my stpm???please help me. thank you…..

hi charu,

well, what is/was your ambition or interest before you took SPM? your results are OK, all As and Bs, so still go plenty of options.

your ambition/interest, financial background will determine on how to proceed.

24. sangeetha says:

hai sir … i got 1.5 pointer in stpm 2009…..is it better i retake stpm or apply to kolej to continue diploma

sangeetha,

what do you want to do after studying? do you think the 1.5 results can be improved? have you identified where is the problem that caused the low pointer? if you are confident, then can redo STPM, but if not, then better look at other options, depending on your ambition/interest.

25. shasikala says:

hi sir….i finished spm 2009…..i get bm-c+…bi-b…matematic-b….sejarah-c+….p.moral-A-…fizik-c….kimia-e…. add maths-e… n biology-e……plz help me sir wat should i study after tiz…….it is better do it form 6 sir

hi shasikala,

what’s your ambition/plan/interest?

your sciences results not good, so maybe you should consider IT, management, business, law, communications, hospitality, nursing, etc.

you can either do diploma or foundation programs.

you can apply for politeknik.

and yeah, can do form 6, but you have to consider doing in arts stream.

26. Rotuham says:

Sir,would u suggest UCSI university for a levels?Is it good there?Thanks

rotuham,

i can’t really say. check their results, and compare with other IPTS.

• Rotuham says:

@poobalan, How do i check it sir?I tried google but no sesired results

rotuham,

you have to get it from their marketing staff or counsellors. just say you are interested to enrol, but like to know about the passing rates of the students. so ask if they have any printed material which highlights their student achievements. colleges do take out full page advertisements in newspapers when their students do well.

27. jeevetha says:

sir,is there any course to become flight attendance?

28. Ravi says:

sir, I wish to resit for my spm ‘s physic , maths and add maths.
    How can I apply to resit the test?

hi ravi,

for maths, you can take july paper. for the other two, you have to wait till november for spm exam. you have to go to the PPD to register.

29. shalini says:

is biomedical has better future coz i heard that biomedical has no future.. and is it very high demand rite now?? do u think biomedical or biotechnology is better?/

30. ash says:

sir,i got 8a’s and 1b for my spm2009 examinations. B is for add maths. im interested in pharmacy…….am i qualified or not? why should i do? and how to apply?

hi ash,

you are qualified. you can either enrol in local IPTS, or go to foreign universities, or take STPM and then apply for IPTA.

for local IPTS, there’s plenty of uni who offer foundation course before continuing in pharmacy degree. you can check in websites like afterschool.my or studymalaysia.com for list of local IPTS offering pharmacy.

for foreign uni, some allow you to take the foundation here and then continue overseas. there’s a list of agents who handle student placement on my Related Websites list.

for the STPM option, well, just go to form 6, and score 4As if can.

31. Vasan says:

hi sir, I’m working adult, now was taking executive diploma at angkasa training center,rawang(under UUM). i have some finance problem , can i get mied loan??for my future study.

hi vasan,

i don’t think mied covers executive diploma courses. you can still give a try by asking them especially if you plan to take a degree later. but i heard MIED having some funds problem now, may be no loan for current time.

32. leo says:

I’m stpm 2009 leavers, but my result are worst. So I will resit the exam once again this year. However, my problem is I don’t have any clue on how the paper 4 (Biology n’ Chemistry) will look like and from I heard its hard to score marks on it. I hope you can help me to find the sample of paper 4 STPM paper (Bio & Chemistry) or the source I can have it ? Thank you 4 ur’ help…

leo,

few other student also asking the same. and so far, not many clue or sample of the paper 4. i suggest you try to post for help at recom.org, lowyat.net, or Afterschool.my in facebook.

33. kavitha says:

hi,sir
    my name is kavitha. i took my spm 2 times.that is 2008 and 2009.unfortunately, iget 2 credit’s only .that is bahasa tamil 6c and p.moral 6c.my bahasa malaysia get 7c too. idon’t know what 2 do.i just apply 2 JTM courses and kolej komuniti. help me sir, how ican continue my studies? now i working in fotostat shop.

hi komathy,

can you answer two questions?

1. what is your ambition or interest?

2. why do you think both times you did not do well in SPM? can you identify the reason?

since you have applied for jtm and kolej komuniti (good choice), then i suggest you wait for the results. in the mean time, you must try get a credit in BM, english and maths at least. these are critical subjects which may be needed when you want to study diploma or degree later. just focus on these 3 subjects for this year or next year (even if you get place in ILP or kolej komuniti).

let me know if you need more info.

34. unlucky girl says:

hai sir , i finish my stpm in 2003. idid not get any IPTA. i work as a temporary teacher since 3 years. i try 2 SPA. jobs
    also but i failed the interview. Now.i realise that how important is DEGREE.some of my friends want 2 apply 4 MASTER DEGREE but now only i looking 4 degree. can i apply 4 any DEGREE courses 4 part time or full time.sir, i really prefer in education line. is that any courses related 2 the teaching which can help me 2 continue my studies. ireally need ur advice.4 ur information my result is;
    p.am c
    b.m c
    sejarah c
    b.tamil b-

hi unlucky girl,

yes you can study part time. since you are temp teacher (in primary school?) why not apply for kursus dalam perkhidmatan or something like that whereby you will get a degree in education? talk to your HM or senior teachers in the school.

you can enrol in OUM, or UNITAR or UNISEL which offer degree in education.

your results are ok since got minimum 3C.

35. ash says:

hye,sir….. what is ur opinion on s.a.m! which is better? s.a.m or stpm?

hi ash,

obviously if you have the means and interested to study in overseas (australia/NZ), SAM will be better option as its shorter and relatively easier than STPM. STPM is mainly taken by student who intend to pursue study in IPTA, who really looking for academic challenge, or those who prefer to study in govt school for lowest cost.

36. RAJ KUMAR says:

HELLO SIR,
    I SPM LEAVER I GOT 4A 6B AND 1C…
    I DON KNOW WHAT TO DO AFTER THIS SIR…
    CAN U HELP ME SIR PLEASE..?
    FOR THE TIME NOW I CAN APPLY FOR WHICH COURSES..?

hi raj,

you have to be more specific in the results details. since you are asking now, i guess you didn’t apply for IPTA (diploma) or politeknik?

always refer back to your ambition or interest.

37. Confuse Girl says:

hello sir,
    i just finish study bachelor of degree in accountancy, waiting for my convo now. I wish to apply as temporary teacher. What should I do now? If i go to apply, will I be sent to anywhere that need teacher?

hi,

you can approach the PPD near your home or secondary schools in your area to register. if got vacancy, they may call you for interview. temporary teachers is dependent on the school you request.

you can apply for KPLI later and pursue diploma pendidikan to become a permanent teacher.

38. monaashini says:

sir…i gt 8as 2bs in spm 2009…i didn gt matrx,ipta or evnthgh teachng crse…im rely confused nw…i want 2 do mdcne cz ma ambtn is 2 be a cardiologst…ma prntz r nt willng 2 supprt ma study fees cz v r nt affordable 4 it…cn u gve any suggestnz sir….i rely dunw wt 2 do nw…

39. punita says:

hello sir,
    ijust finish bac of english(tesol).I wish to apply 4 maktab perguruan.what are requirements 4 degree holder 2 enter.

hi punita,

the intake for maktab for degree holder (KPLI) over already. i’m not sure of the requirements but generally must be a good result for degree. need to wait for next intake application, next year.

40. CHYI says:

Dear sir, may I know how to apply and get the scholarship from the australia university? may I get the link pls?

41. s says:

i just finish my degree in education from ipts, can i take any courses under government institute to get job in government schools?like 1year courses or else?

hi s,

if you took the degree from unisel or unitar, then you can apply for teaching job directly, from my understanding. if from other uni, then you can apply for KPLI. the application closed for this session, so you need to wait till next year. can apply at http://www.moe.gov.my

42. vino says:

i got 4a 2b 4c for my spm.i apply for matriks, ipta, maktab and a lot more.but i didn’t get anything.i also did rayuan for matriks and ipta but rejected.i am interested in biochemical, science computer and account.so what am i suppose to do.

hi vino,

many indians also in the same situation as you. now, your options are either to continue form 6, or go to private college/uni to pursue your interest.

43. kris says:

sir,
    which IPTS is cheapest and recognised to study science based courses

i have no idea because fees keep on increasing. but i can say that tar college fees are quite reasonable few years back.

remember, cheapest doesn’t mean its good or not good.

44. mahes a/l kanayya says:

sir…..
    i trying 2 apply 4 pilot…..
    hw 2 apply????

mahes,

you can refer to http://www.dca.gov.my for guidelines. there are few flight academies in malaysia. you can join as student. just refer to newspapers, even today’s Star have some info in the education section.

remember, pilot is a “license” program, not a degree or diploma. so, you can’t get scholarship unless from airline companies.

45. Vaishnevi says:

sorry for posting my earlier comment on the wrong thread. i clicked the wrong link. but i’ve posted my comment in the scholarships thread. thanks.

46. megala a/p krishnan. says:

hai sir, i got 3a,4b n 2c in my spm (2009)….i got c in add math and bio.i hv apply 4 ipta,matrik but i didn’t get anything.sir i do no where 2 study now…….i got f6(science tream) but i just attend f6 4 one week….coz i can’t catch up d previous chapter as i’m pelatih plkn 4 d siri 7 kump 2.i’m interested in nursing.can u help me in which institute can i do my diploma…..sir is that mistake me stop f6…sir can u show me what other courses i can apply….please sir.. thank you.

hi megala,

if you interested in nursing, there are plenty of colleges that offer diploma in nursing, and you can get ptptn loan to study. if your ambition is to be in nursing, then diploma is better option as doing form 6 will take longer.

47. shamini says:

hai sir.i am a matriculation student.i want to know minimum requirements and better university to continue my studies in MBBS?

hi shamini,

minimum requirements differ from uni to uni, but our ministry requires that you get good results in science subjects before the give support letter to study overseas.

you can refer to some of the placement agents for idea and you can also read the articles here (still under development but lots of useful info):

as for better university, you can check the uni rankings (the uni in india, russia, and indonesia is popular for malaysian students) and also ensure they are recognised by MMC so that you can come back and work here without problem.

48. Gunavathy says:

Dear Sir,
    I would like to find out if any financial aid is provided for Form Five student? The student is a top girl in her class and did very well in her PMR as well. She will be sitting for her SPM next year.

Her family is not very well off and this girl is very keen in her studies.

I hope that you can help her in any way you can. If you require further details please email to me.

Please reply as soon as possible

hi gunavathy,

if her family income is low, they can register with Jabatan Kebajikan. where’s her location? can also try EWRF, Rotary club, local ADUN/MP etc.

49. kinah says:

where is the registration form i cant see it now i get 5As in UPSR so i want to register for the form 1 2011 sesi

50. poobalan says:

what form are you talking about? UPSR just finished last week and you already got your results?