We are also asking for a representative that is the level of an executive councillor be appointed so that any issues raised by the Indian community can be brought directly to the attention of the exco.
It is only right to make such a request as the Indian community in Perak is the second-highest in the country after Selangor.
- Dr S Subramaniam in The Star
The Perak State Committee Chairmen portfolios:
- Datuk Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir who is also the Menteri Besar heads the Committee for Planning, Economy, Finance, Security, Land and Natural Resources, Agriculture, Housing and Religion.
- Hamidah Osman : Industry, Investment, Entrepreneur Development, ICT, Tourism and Women’s Affairs
- Datuk Ramly Zahari: Infrastructure, Public Facilities, Energy and Water.
- Dr Mah Hang Soon: Health, Local Government, Consumer, Environment, Transport and Non-Muslim Affairs.
- Datuk Saarani Mohamad: Information, Rural Development, Poverty, Welfare and Farming.
- Mohd Zahir Abdul Khalid: Education, Higher Education, Science and Technology
- Zainol Fadzi Paharuddin: Culture, Youth and Sports.
- Datuk Mohd Najumuddin Elias – Adviser for Islamic Affairs.
- Datuk Chang Ko Youn – Adviser for Chinese Affairs.
- Datuk S. Veerasingam – Adviser for Indian Affairs.
- Datuk Hamdi Abu Bakar – state Information chief.
Advisers to Menteri Besar:
The four vacant EXCO seats are still not filled and will be done so when the need arises, say BN Perak MB, Dr Zambry.
Surprisingly, Veerasingam gets a temporary lease of life. Not sure if it will give him some boost in the upcoming MIC elections.
Gerakan is also another surprise entry.
PPP did not get any representatives this time.