Archive for the ‘Indian’ category

38 weeks and Krishnasamy murder still unsolved

October 7th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


38 weeks. Hmmm..If MIC leader fate also like this….normal people no need to say la. Curious enough, the family held press conference in presence of DAP’s Karpal Singh! Makes us think deeply. 🙂

The family of former Johor state executive councillor Datuk S. Krishnasamy has pleaded for an in-depth investigation into his murder.

Krishnasamy’s son Raj Kumar, 33, said it had been 38 weeks since his father was murdered, but the case had yet to be solved although police had detained several suspects.

“I wish to know the number of suspects who have been arrested and why after nine months, the police have not been able to solve the murder case.

“What’s going on? There must be something. They (police) cannot keep on telling us that the investigation is still on, but until now it’s still back to square one,” he told a press conference together with four other family members, here today.

He said since their father’s death, several suspects, including some from the MIC had been arrested, but released on police bail and  presumably were still on police bail.

“Until now, no one has been charged. We have been seeing a lot of people and in these 38 weeks I have written e-mails to several
ministers. However, only (Datuk) Shahrir Abdul Samad (Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister) has replied.“He responded through e-mail that he would try to follow up the matter with the Johor chief police officer, Datuk Mukhtar Mohd Shariff,” Raj Kumar added at the press conference with MP for Bukit Gelugor, Karpal Singh, also present.Meanwhile, Krishnasamy’s daughter Rani, 34, appealed to the public for help to solve the murder case as nine months “is a very long time”.

“I plead to the PM (Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi) to please look into my father’s case,” she said.

Police have detained and questioned 13 people, one of them a woman, in connection with the murder. Eleven of them have been released on police bond.

Hindraf denies PM accusation

October 7th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


Hindraf national co-ordinator Kannan Ramasamy today denied the accusation by PM Badawi that only one person wished him festive greetings.

“We went there in peace and there are no photographs or video footage showing us being unruly,” said Kannan.

He said he knew many Hindraf supporters attending the open house had extended Raya greetings to Abdullah.

“I am surprised the Prime Minister was not aware of this.”

UMNO Youth Selangor wants HINDRAF punished

October 7th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


Well, this fellas who already run out of ideas are now jumping into the Hindraf-bashing bandwagon. They are pressuring Home Minister to take action against HINDRAF over the Hari Raya open house visit. The chief, Abdul Shukor also tries to link the action with insult to Islam, another attempt to create uneasiness.

“I hope the Home Ministry will not be frightened to take action against them,” said its chief, Abdul Shukor Idrus.

Abdul
Shukor said the Hindraf supporters’ action at the open house went
against the principles of a multiracial country and society.

“What they did was akin to insulting Islam and stern action must be taken against them.”

Status of Investigation by 3-man committee over demolition of Ampang Mahakaliamman Temple

October 7th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


Dear Sir/Madam,

It has been nearly a month since the 3-man non-Muslim religious affairs committee was supposed to investigate the demolition of Ampang Mahakaliamman Temple. According to Mr Ronnie Liu’s statement in the Star:

“We are expecting the investigation results by Monday and we will look into the next course of action after that,” he said when contacted yesterday.

ref: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/9/30/nation/2150967&sec=nation

I would like to know the status of the investigation and how to obtain a copy of the investigation report. i hope it is not classified as official secret.

Regards,
M Poobalan

“SAY NO TO ALCOHOL”

HINDRAF lodges police report against Home Minister and Utusan

October 7th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


This is a good move from HINDRAF. They should make police report if they believe in the actions. Home Minister Syed Hamid, Utusan and its columnists, plus few other NGO leaders were issuing statements that seemed off tangent and diverting the issue into something else. Not one, but many police reports were lodged throughout the country by HINDRAF members. According to Malaysiakini, Hindraf national coordinator RS Thanenthiran, 46, who lodged the first police report this afternoon, said the movement wanted police to take action on the home minister, Utusan and the NGOs for wrongfully accusing the human rights group of “creating chaos and insulting Islam” during the open house in Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur.

“They should be charged under the Sedition Act for inciting communal hatred and instigating racial conflict and under the Penal Code for criminal intimidation by issuing threats to racial harmony,” said Thanenthiran (photo, left), who with Nibong Tebal Hindraf coordinator Sanjeeviramah Subramani, 42, lodged the report in Butterworth police station at 12.50pm.

That report was followed by a series of others lodged by Hindraf leaders and activists in George Town, Nibong Tebal, Simpang Empat, Shah Alam, Petaling Jaya, Klang, Alor Star, Sungai Petani, Jitra, Kulim, Lunas, Ipoh, Bagan Serai, Air Tawar, Parit Buntar, Taiping, Teluk Intan, Sitiawan, Muar, Tangkak, Skudai, Kluang and Johor Bahru. Reports were also lodged this evening in Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Terengganu, Seremban, Malacca and Tanah Merah.

Earlier, HINDRAF said it was planning to sue the same group of people. Now the quantum of claim may be set as high as RM100 million it says.

The movement plans go ahead with a civil suit against the newspaper and home minister and if warranted against the NGOs as well.

Thanenthiran told reporters that Hindraf had decided to raise the quantum of its claims from RM1 million ringgit to perhaps even as high as RM100 million. The movement is now discussing the matter with its lawyers and will file the suits soon.

Last Friday, Utusan had front paged its report with the headline – ‘Hindraf Keterlaluan’ (Extreme Hindraf). Two more articles – Baharom Mahusin’s commentary in his ‘Cetusan’ column and Zulkifli Bakar’s commentary in his ‘Pada Hemat Saya’ column – published in the same edition were unfair and intimidating, alleged Thanenthiran.

“The reports and criticisms were inciting racial hatred and instigating communal conflict. The reports suggested that we trespassed the function when in truth, we were invited,” said Thanenthiran.

“The function was not held in a mosque not a buka puasa event. It was organised in a common public building with an open invitation to all Malayians. Suddenly open houses during festive seasons were given new definitions, thanks to Syed Hamid and Utusan,” he added.

The Hindraf leader also alleged this was not first time the Malay daily had played up communal hatred and conflict against various organisations and individuals in the country.

Thanenthiran also challenged Syed Hamid, Utusan and the NGOs to speak the truth and apologise to the movement for “distorting facts and lying to the public.”