Archive for the ‘Indian’ category

HINDRAF infiltrated?

September 5th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


After Waytha dropped a bomb saying 3 main leaders of HINDRAF are actually conspiring with the police, MIC, and government, the Indian community is having a seizure. The community owes a lot to the HINDRAF awakening, and to find that such news can even see the light of the day speaks bad of the community. Vasantha Kumar, VK Regu, and spiritual advisor Ramaji are accused by Waytha as plotting to break HINDRAF and register it under their names and later be a tool of the authorities. Waytha says that Vasantha is an agent planted by the police, while the other two are conspiring with him (NOTE to myself: Vasantha joined Hindraf last year September).

Their mission is to split Hindraf, then pick up the pieces, re-brand
and re-launch it under their leadership, which would be subservient to
the establishment.

Vasanthakumar is the main man behind the government plot, with Ramaji and Regu as assistants. They have betrayed Hindraf.

Undoubtedly
the trio are collaborating with police intelligence, government
officers and certain political leaders to break up Hindraf and dilute
its struggle.

VK Regu denied the allegations and demanded that Waytha provides proof. Vasantha also denied any links with the police.

Waytha says that he has proof of Regu and Ramaji meeting up with officials from PM’s department and top MIC leaders in the last few months.

Regu has claimed that he was the Hindraf founder secretary and this
was stated in the application submitted on Oct 23 to the Registrar of
Companies when Hindraf was registered as a enterprise. He also
claimed to have accompanied Waythamoorthy to submit the 18-point
memorandum on Hindu rights and interests to the Prime Minister’s Office
in Putrajaya last year. Waythamoorthy confirmed both the claims,
but said Regu was removed from the group immediately after the
application was submitted for “acting against its interests.”

Asked
whether Regu’s expulsion was recorded in the minutes of any Hindraf
meetings, Waythamoorthy’s reply was in the negative, saying: “As an
informal organisation solely managed by him, meetings were never held.”

The revelation by Waytha was sparked by the HINDRAF led prayers organised at the Permatang Pauh by-election time. This prayer caught the eye because:

1. Prime Minister himself dropped by!
2. PM ACCEPTED the 18-point memorandum from the representatives there
3. The prayer was done in a CHINESE TEMPLE!
4. The police PROTECTED the prayer organisers, instead of chasing them away!
5. HINDRAF loyalist who protested againsts the prayers were attacked and some arrested.

Anyway, I doubt that this is the end of the story. More details will be revealed in time to come. I won’t be surprised if MIC has a role in this.

New MIC Youth

September 4th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


Following up on their boss’ call for rebranding, MIC Youth launches its new office and website today.Drop by http://www.pemudamic.org

According
to its newly appointed chief (no more temporary coordinator?) T Mohan, the opening of the new office “showed that the Youth wing was serious in its efforts to rebrand the party and at the same time serve its members
more effectively.”

We will station a communications officer at the office to hear and solve problems that crop up. We normally deal with issues concerning birth certificates and identity cards.

“This office would also serve as a one-stop centre. We will deal with these problems systematically. We will also forward problems to the relevant
authorities and two other officers will be in charge of this,” he told reporters after the opening by party president Datuk Seri S.Samy Vellu.

He said all complaints pertaining to social and welfare issues would be handled by several other officers who would man the office from 9am to 6pm from Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturday.

Racist teacher transferred out of state while police is powerless

August 24th, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


Earlier, we had the community fuming at the lackadaisical attitude shown by those responsible in punishing the teacher who insulted the Indian community. Only a warning letter was issued But today, the Star reported Deputy Education Minister Wee Ka Siong saying that the teacher will be transferred out of Selangor next week (when school reopens).

He clarified that this was past of the disciplinary measures decided upon completion of the investigation. One then has to wonder why this punishment was not revealed earlier together with the warning letter.

The teacher, who is currently suspended from school and doing
clerical work in the Selangor Education Department, has been undergoing
two-week counselling. She has been reprimanded and given a stern warning. The teacher has promised that the incident will not recur.

Not sure if this the “we will do it our way” outcome of MIC.

Meanwhile, the police admitted that they cannot act against teachers like Ms Rusitah who go about insulting the Indian community, unless they physically harmed the students.

District criminal investigations department chief Deputy Superintendent
Roslan Ibrahim said no action could be taken against a teacher accused
of verbal abuse.

“When such cases (verbal abuse) are reported, we can only forward it to the Education Department for further action,” he said.

On racial slurs, Roslan said it could be categorised as mental abuse.

“However it would be difficult to charge a teacher suspected of
racially abusing a student unless there is strong supporting evidence
and witnesses who are willing to testify in court,” he said.

Hindraf coordinators arrested as PM visits prayer event

August 23rd, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


Hindraf is rocked by more arrests and revelation by its leader Waytha that 3 of its main personalities are recruited by Special Branch.

The email from Waytha as below:

HINDRAF
135-3 JALAN TOMAN 7
KEMAYAN SQUARE
70200 SEREMBAN

BRIEF PRESS STATEMENT 23RD AUGUST 2008-08
RE: ISA DETAINEE VASANTHAKUMAR A SPECIAL BRANCH PLANT
RAMACHANDRAN MEYAPPAN & V.K.REGU HAVE BEEN RECRUITED AS GOVERNMENT AGENTS TO BETRAY HINDRAF CAUSE.

ISA detainee Vasanthakumar had volunteered to join HINDRAF in September 2007 and according to him at that time he was waiting for someone to do something drastic and the fact that I had filed an action against the UK Government attracted him to join HINDRAF. He had then served as a volunteer and I offered him to undertake the post of pro tem treasurer.

It came to my attention in January 2008 that Vasanthakumar has been planted by the Police Special Branch to infiltrate HINDRAF and upon further investigations the fact became apparent.

In March 2008 I was informed by two top Government officers on separate occasions confirming Vasanthakumar was assigned to break up HINDRAF lawyers in detention and the organisation from his detention. He had since met with various people from within HINDRAF to break the organization.

V.K.Regu though was a Pro tem Secretary of HINDRAF but was removed personally by me in October 2008 for undertaking activities against the interests of HINDRAF.

Upon the arrest of the 5 I had appointed a 10 member interim committee of which Tanendran was made the National Co-ordinator and Ramachandran Meyappan alias Ramaji was made the Spiritual Advisor of HINDRAF.

Recent events have shown that Ramaji and Regu had made frequent visits to KEMTA prison to meet Vasanthakumar secretly and they had colluded to break up HINDRAF and take over the registration of HINDRAFas an organization.

Ramaji and Regu had various secret and unauthorised meetings with the Prime Ministers Department, the PM’s Private Secretary and top MIC leaders over the last 5 months and I have evidence of this. It is now clear that all their activities thus far is to break up HINDRAF and take over the leadership of HINDRAF together with Vasanthakumar upon his release from ISA.

It wouldn’t be a surprise that the Government would approve the registration of HINDRAF as a legitimate organisation but the approval would be handed over to Regu Ramaji and Vasanthakumar and other MIC proxies so that the unity and power that HINDRAF has displayed under the MAKKAL SAKTI would be permanently be damaged and shattered.

I apologize to all HINDRAF supporters for concealing these crucial facts all these while. I did this solely to protect the unity and integrity of HINDRAF and to avoid the breakup of HINDRAF. I sincerely believed that the release of the 5 including Vasanthakumar is of utmost importance for the sake of HINDRAF’S struggle.

What transpired today at Butterworth is a blatant insult to the intelligence of all HINDRAF supporters. Ramaji and Regu had placed various advertisements and news in the local tamil daily over the last few days about gathering 20 000 people for a Yaagam for the release of the 5 HINDRAF and for the promotion of the 18 demands submitted by HINDRAF in August 2007 under their organisations ie HSS (Hindu Sevai Sangam) and an organisation loosely named Makkal Sakti. This event that was organised deliberately in the Permatang Pauh Constituency where there the Ex deputy Prime Minister is contesting in a by-election next Tuesday. By using the name Makkal sakti both ramaji and Regu had expected a huge crowd to bolster their grip on HINDRAF by the Prime Minister personally attending their Maha Yagam which was organised in a Chinese Temple (1st time of its kind) and entertained by a local famous pop band group.

I urge all HINDRAF supporters to remain calm during this crucial moment and urge all look out for news in our website www.hindraf.org and www.hindraf.co.uk for the latest news.

As the Chairman of this organisation I take full responsibility for the damage caused to the divine struggle of this organisation and extend my sincere apologies to all our supporters. Let us all unite to fight the betrayers within us who are up for selfish gain and to break the unity that never was seen prior to this within our community over the last 51 years. May the blessings of the almighty be showered upon us on this crucial period and I seek his guidance to take me in the right path.

P.Waytha Moorthy
HINDRAF
Currently in London

Looks like HINDRAF is in getting into a mess with many wanna-be splinters coming up.

The incident he was talking about is the yagam (prayer) organised by a Makkal Sakthi group in a Chinese temple in Penang. The event was attended by Prime Minister Badawi which itself is an impossible feat since he had declared that he will never meet any HINDRAF leaders (“who are they” comes to mind). Thus, its clear that another group had organised this yagam.

The Hindraf coordinators led by Thanenthiran protested outside the temple, and subsequently the police arrested them. 8 leaders arrested including two ladies. Report from Malaysiakini:

Eight Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) leaders, including national co-ordinator TS Thanenthiran, were arrested this evening after staging a protest against a splinter group outside a Chinese temple in Seberang Jaya, Penang.

The protest began around 2pm, swelling to about 200 people by the time the arrests were made. The splinter group, which also claims to represent Hindraf, was carrying out a bonfire prayer at the temple.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, in town to help campaign for his coalition in the Permatang Pauh by-election, dropped by to visit the temple around 5.30pm. He chatted briefly with members of the splinter group and shook hands with some of them before leaving.

Soon after that, the demonstration got out of hand and the arrests were made around 6.30pm.

Police said the eight people, including two women, were arrested for illegal demonstration.

Hindraf chief P Waythamoorthy called Malaysiakini from London, saying that the splinter group did not represent Hindraf and the prayer ceremony was not sanctioned by the Indian rights group.

Bonfire organisers VK Regu had told reporters earlier that the event was organised by the Makkal Sakhti movement, which is sometimes used interchangeably with Hindraf, in collaboration with an NGO.

We want to seek divine intervention to secure the release of the five Hindraf leaders detained under the Internal Security Act, he said, adding that the event was also to urge Barisan Nasional and Pakatan Rakyat to fulfil Hindraf’s 18-point memorandum on Indian affairs submitted to Abdullah last year.

Shortly after, Regu was confronted by the 10 Hindraf activists and a shouting match erupted between the two groups before the protest began.

The Hindraf activist claimed that the bonfire organisers were out to confuse Indian voters in Permatang Pauh by engaging Abdullah at the event.

The demonstration began immediately after Abdullah left the event with protesters shouting reformasi and long live Anwar before they were dispersed by the police.

more details on missing temples in KL City Plan 2020

August 21st, 2008
|  Subscribe in a reader | Subscribe to poobalan.com by Email


Malaysiakini provided more details on the removal of temples and crematoriums from KL Master Plan 2020 draft as highlighted by MHS yesterday. Some pertinent details of the article are reproduced below:

Vaithilingam also queried whether the move by DBKL was a plot to remove the religious sites by year 2020.

“What is of great concern to the community leaders is whether there is a plan to erase off hundreds of Hindu temples and the two crematoriums situated at Jalan Loke Yew and Sentul by the year 2020,” he said.

“When the issue rose in the meeting, many realised that their temples were not identified in the plan.

“But before we proceed with anything, the temples and crematoriums have to find out whether they are listed or not,” he said when contacted by Malaysiakini.

“Then they will have to submit protest forms to DBKL and from then on we will seek clarification on the matter from the Federal Territories Minister,” he said.

According to Vaithilingam, MHS organised a special meeting with more than 120 temple representatives on Aug 19 to bring this issue to the attention of the various temple associations that were involved.

Asked the reason for not probing the ministry earlier, Vaithilingam said that the temples were informed of the situation but did not take the matter with immediate importance.

“The temples are not bothered until the DBKL officer is in front of the temple to break it down,” he added.

Besides the crematoriums, some of the temples that are not listed in the 13-year plan are several prominent temples like the Hanuman and Krishna temples in Brickfields and Sri Nageswari Amman temple in Bangsar which celebrated its 40th anniversary recently.

Vaithilingam warned that the related authorities have to identify the location of their respective temples as soon as possible and put forward a protest form which is obtainable from DBKL and Hindu Sangam.

The deadline for the submission of these forms to the DBKL authorities is Aug 30.

“From here we will have to have discussion with the authorities and decide whether the temples will be allowed to exist or will it be provided with suitable alternatives,” said Vaithilingam.

It is stated that the temples have to send the protest form by August 30th. If the reply from DBKL says that they are listed and the plan is updated, no problem. If not, Deputy Minister Saravanan going to have a very hard time.